The following Online Privacy Statement explains why we collect information from you, how we use it and the steps we are taking to ensure your privacy is protected both while using our website, and after you leave our website.
Why we collect information from you
Payline collects personally identifiable information from you only with your knowledge and consent. As explained in greater detail below, we do so to allow you to register for certain services and applications and complete those transactions. We collect non-personally identifiable information from you in order for us to better understand how people are using our website. This information is aggregated and analyzed to measure and improve our website’s performance. For example, it allows us to enhance popular web pages, and to modify or discontinue those that are rarely viewed. Payline collects both types of information from you to help meet its commitment to provide excellent service and to continuously improve your experience on paylinefx.ca.
Collecting personally identifiable information
Payline will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. This is most often limited to your name, email address and mailing address, but may include other information when needed to fulfil your request to use our services. The types of personally identifiable information we collect fall into five categories:
- User ID and passwords – Provides you with access to your profiled areas and protected content.
- Account information – Tells us about who you are and how to contact you.
- Customer feedback and support – Provides a mechanism for requesting information from Payline. This information also provides us with insight on how we may improve our products and services to meet your needs.
- Email correspondence – Used to respond to your issues and inquiries of all types. With your permission, may also be used to communicate information about Payline and our products and services.
- Transactions – Shows us which services you have requested. We will not use, disclose or retain payment information except to the extent required under law and as you have otherwise consented. Payline uses a secure socket layer (SSL) to protect your sensitive information and applies other physical, technical and administrative security safeguards commensurate with security risk. If we use an agent (another company) to help us serve you, the agent is bound by contract and other means to meet our same high standards.
Use & disclosure of personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information about you will only be used for the specific purposes for which it is provided or as authorized by law. Payline must maintain website security, for example, which includes the investigation of unauthorized attempts to access, alter or delete data, the spreading of viruses and other illegal intrusions. This could result in disclosures to law enforcement agencies. Personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to any other companies for marketing purposes.
Retention/disposal of personally identifiable information
Most personally identifiable information you provide is retained by Payline for a minimum of five years from the date collected or the last transaction processed as required by law. This allows you a reasonable period of time to access and request the correction of your information. Transactions involving the collection of taxes are retained for seven years, as required by applicable federal law. Payline utilizes the services of registered and secured disposal services for the disposal of all documentation that may have ties to personal or financial information.
Collecting non-personally identifiable information
This data includes general log information (clickstream) such as the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the pages you accessed on paylinefx.ca and the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. We also collect referral and aggregated “click-through” statistics such as page views, unique visitors and time spent on the website.
Session cookies: A session cookie is a small text file placed on your browser by a web server. It acts essentially as an identification card as it is unique to you, and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. Paylinefx.ca applications use session cookies to improve site navigation and to enhance your online experience by maintaining information from page to page within these applications. Session cookies are automatically deleted from your computer when you close your browser session.
Persistent cookies: A persistent cookie is a small text file placed on your hard disk by a web server. It also acts as your identification card; and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. Persistent cookies allow you to maintain your logged in status while using Payline online applications. Persistent cookies expire a maximum of two years after your last visit. Under no circumstances will Payline use any type of cookie to:
- Retrieve any information from your computer that is not part of the cookie we sent to you.
- Write any code, as part of the cookie, that could be harmful to your computer.
If you do not want cookies to be stored on your computer, you may set your browser to refuse all cookies. This will slow down your online experience and prevent you from utilizing certain features of paylinefx.ca.
Links to other sites
Paylinefx.ca may from time to time contain links to other websites. While Payline takes measures to ensure that the links on our website are to reputable and well-established companies, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those websites.
The collection, use, disclosure, retention, and disposal of personal information by Payline and its agents are done in compliance with the Privacy Act.
Changes to this privacy statement
Payline’s Online Privacy Statement may change from time to time. Any changes to our Online Privacy Statement will not change Payline’s commitment to the safeguarding of your personal information, or the manner in which we use it. Any such changes will be posted on our website.
Access to your personally identifiable information
You can access/update your personal information by contacting the Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Secured by NPC Complete Endpoint Computer Protection
What does this mean?
All of our endpoint computers are professionally encrypted, managed and monitored for malware attack, unauthorized use and intrusion, and professionally backed up in secure data centres by NPC – leaders in endpoint data security. Any of our computers that contain your personal information can also be remotely destroyed if lost or stolen.
Why is cybersecurity important to us?
You trust us with your very personal and confidential information, and we take that seriously. Seriously enough to invest in the leading comprehensive endpoint computing data security solution.
How secure is secure?
- Professionally configured, managed and security monitored
- Advanced malware attack prevention and monitoring
- All data is AES-256 encrypted, a military-grade level of protection
- Our computers feature integrated biometric fingerprint readers
- Daily secure backup to Canadian data centres
- Remote locate and data wipe for lost or stolen computers
- Our computers are securely “decommissioned” at the end of their useful life before recycling
Who is NPC?
Based in the Toronto area, NPC is a subsidiary of The Keating Group that has provided leading technology products and services for more than 25 years. NPC provides NPC DataGuard, an integrated computing solution for professional’s in companies of all sizes in every business segment, who need to know their laptop, desktop and tablet computers are always safe and secure, no matter where their business takes them. For more information about NPC, click here.